Sales & Marketing
When people travel, they look for brands they recognize from home, increasing the worldwide demand for hotel brands that are part of the IHG® family. In response, IHG has over 5,000 hotels in nearly 100 countries and territories around the world. Our brands can be found in 13 of the 20 largest hotel markets.
Each year, our franchisees pay a fee into a central fund. The system fund totals $1.2 bn annually to maintain marketing and systems that generate demand for our hotels. We use this fund on their behalf for marketing and promotions to drive guest demand across our brands. Examples include brand sponsorships, television and print advertising campaigns and public relations activity, across the globe.
Europe Marketing aims to make our hotel brands a guest's first choice as a result of marketing excellence. Our commercial teams are based in-market and speak the local language. Making IHG's brands first choice is achieved via:
- Major brand-awareness campaigns combining above-the-line activity with PR and social media channels.
- Partnerships with high profile brands/organisations e.g. Crowne Plaza's global relationship with BMW and Holiday Inn as official hotel provider to the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Scalable, flexible, revenue-generating country marketing platforms.
- Standards for quality and consistency in local hotel marketing activity.
Great marketing is important because:
- Brand awareness is key to ensuring that maximum revenue is delivered to hotels via the IHG system.
- Building loyalty to a brand secures future revenue business for hotels.
- Country marketing platforms deliver trackable revenue and ensure a consistent return on investment for hotels and owners.
Underlying our marketing is a final major financial benefit to you: you only pay for the performance you receive. Specific tools available exclusively to our hotels include:
- BusinessClub & BusinessClubAGENT - IHG's corporate loyalty programmes designed to reward those choosing a hotel for their business travel and meetings.
- genesysPlus - Free online marketing toolkit available to all hotels. Contains pre-designed, and pre-approved brand-specific artwork templates for all Local Marketing needs, alongside associated supported materials.
- Rewarding Meetings - A meetings promotion for 2013 that rewards customers for booking meetings, with specific thresholds for bookings at participating hotels across Europe.
- Partnership Marketing - A channel delivering business and leisure revenue, plus brand exposure for hotels, via third parties. Partnerships can be strategic, tactical or based on an alliance.
Web & Mobile
IHG has a global team of dedicated mobile and digital experts responsible for connecting the guest journey and driving profitable revenue through our industry-leading mobile offering. With 13 language websites and mobile apps in eight languages, we ensure your hotel benefits from foreign language feeder markets.
Our websites operate in the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.
IHG hotels provide a sales force of more than 17,600 professionals throughout the world. This sales force is dedicated to winning new business and managing our corporate accounts. The result: increased revenue and profitable long-term relationships with our guests.
IHG's 460 dedicated global sales professionals support our hotels across all geographic regions and market segments, with offices in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Middle East and Greater China.
Our Europe team is structured to assist with developing local and international corporate accounts, with a focus on key feeder markets. It's strongly integrated across all the key sales disciplines, with 280 sales professionals managing a total of 1,700 accounts, delivering $1bn in revenues.
Our global sales training programme, the IHG Way of Sales, ensures strong integration at all levels of sales management and ensures that key tools and programmes are employed across all hotels.
Food & Beverage
You benefit from the collective expertise of over $4.6bn of Food & Beverage revenue and over 4,500 outlets worldwide.
|IHG Rewards Club < Previous||Next > Reservation systems|
Why Choose IHG?
Our purpose is to create Great Hotels Guests Love. We offer 9 preferred hotel brands, built on customer insight. Our scale generates unparalleled resources and expertise delivering superior return on investment.